Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dedication and Food Hangovers

I went to the gym Sunday morning. It was supposed to open at 8 so I got there at 7:55 to be one of the first folks through the door and into the pool. By 8:10, the front desk lady hadn't showed and there were about 10 people standing outside loudly commiserating on the lack of open doors. By 8:15, people said they had other things to and started leaving. And by 8:20-ish we could finally enter. So how would you rate that dedication? On one hand, I could definitely agree that I questioned leaving with aggravated feelings because I could have stayed in bed longer. But on the other hand, I knew I could still get something in even if I had to cut my workout short. So what is the time cutoff? When are you OK to throw in the towel? When is it too soon to say forget it, I'd rather get a coffee?

On another note...

A friend of mine from high school is visiting right now. It's been wonderful and I hope she can get a job here soon. The only downside has been the amount of food consumed last Sunday. I pretty much ate like I was in high school all day long. And promptly regretted it the next day. This is how I came to know that a food hangover does in fact exist and that they are not very awesome. My whole body felt heavy and weak the next day. My pores felt clogged. My legs felt like they were swimming through mud the next day at a workout. All in all, I had a lot of crud to sweat out of my skin. I never thought before that I was an overly healthy individual. I know I enjoy lighter foods and I know I eat generally healthy, but it never dawned on me just how much of an impact my healthier lifestyle has had. Interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I think the dedication of the gym attendant is the one you should be questioning. She should have been on time. However, you have great dedication as I knew you would! I would have probably bailed.

    I have food hangovers all the time! They are no fun at all!

    ReplyDelete