Sunday, March 18, 2012

Patience

I don't have any.

But. I'm trying. Had my foot check up on Tuesday and was sent to an MRI on Thursday to rule out a torn tendon versus a strained tendon.

My mother called me an athlete. This was and is still new to me. I don't think of myself as an athlete. We were talking about my foot issue and she very simply said, "well, these things happen to athletes." Hmmm.....gotta process that one. I think that's a goon that will take a good minute to evict.

Lastly, what the heck is up with runner's amnesia? After cheering on the runners at the Publix marathon today with my church at mile 22, I got this urge to go big again and find a 50K to attempt again. Something less hilly. Something more manageable. Maybe even a 50miler. Hmmm...maybe I need to read my blog on that race to get a dose of reality. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Girl you are an athlete! Own the word and make it yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel- my mom occasionally calls me an athlete, too, and it just feels odd. I've never ever imagined myself as an athlete!

    I call it runner's amnesia- during my races, I'm always telling myself "if you can just get to the finish line, you never have to do this again!!" Then a few days later, I start thinking, "well, if I ran this one race differently, or if I did such-and-such, I bet I could improve my times!" It's a sickness, really- but a good sickness at least!

    ReplyDelete